About the New 2016/17 Diono Radian R100 Convertible Car Seat
Got a big family? Diono has you covered: the 2016/2017 Diono Radian R100 Convertible Car Seat/Booster is narrow enough to fit three across a single back seat, and can be used from birth right up to 100 pounds, providing both cost-effectiveness and superb peace of mind!
Plus, this year’s Diono collection has a very cool new look: they’ve added solid color-blocking and muted new colors to appeal to the grownups in your family. Read more about the new colors at our blog here!
Here’s the skinny on this slender car seat:
- Safety features: The Diono Radian R100 car seat/booster seat features an ultra-tough steel alloy frame and aluminum reinforced sidewalls, with EPS foam panels for side impact protection (SIP). The SafeStop energy absorbing harness also helps to protect your child from crash forces, and the rear-facing tether adds stability. Finally, because this is a nice tall car seat, you can keep your child rear-facing for longer (up to 40 pounds), and rear-facing is safest.
- Installation: We love the SuperLATCH system, which makes installing your Diono Radian R100 car seat quick and easy: you just shove the bar into the car’s latch until it clicks, and you’re done. One reviewer described this install as “awesome of epic proportions.”
- Comfort features: The Diono Radian R100 car seat/booster seat sits low in the seat so kids can board on their own without your help. It has expandable sides and a longer seat bottom to fit your kids as they grow, and it can accommodate up to 4 cup holders (it comes with 1). Five shoulder harness positions and three buckle positions let you get a precise fit. The narrow profile of the car seat makes it easy for kids to see the scenery going by, and the cover can be removed and machine-washed to keep it tidy.
- Travel: The Diono Radian R100 convertible car seat folds flat, and is certified for aircraft use, so it’s perfect for air travel! Backpack-style straps let you tote your car seat easily through the airport, and when you reach your destination, it’s quick and easy to install in your rental car.
Whether you’re on kid #1, kid #2, or kid #5, the Diono Radian R100 convertible car seat is easy to use and loaded with safety features for your peace of mind, so you can concentrate on the finer points of kid-wrangling.
dimensions: Open: 28.5" H x 17" W x 16" D. Folded: 28.5" H x 17" W x 7" D
- Rear-facing: 5 - 40 lbs
- Forward-facing: 20 - 65 lbs (and up to 57") in a 5-point harness
- Booster to 100 lbs
- Steel alloy frame and aluminum reinforced sides
- SafeStop® energy absorbing harness
- Energy absorbing EPS foam panels on all sides
- Rear-facing tether capability
- Only brand of car seats with SuperLATCH: super-strong connectors that make for a super-secure and super-easy installation everytime
- 5 shoulder and 3 buckle positions for custom fit
- Expandable sides and longer seat bottom for leg support and comfort
- 2 recline positions in forward-facing mode
- Sits low on vehicle seat for easy child boarding
- Fits 3 across in a mid-size vehicle and offers more shoulder space
- 1 cup holder included (add up to 4)
- Folds flat for travel and storage
- Rubber bottom grips for no-slip installation
- 10 year life
- Care: Hand wash or machine wash only in front loading machine. Line dry or tumble dry on low temperature
- Product Dimensions Open: 28.5"H x 17”W x 16"D
- Product Dimensions Folded: 28.5"H x 17”W x 7"D
- Weight with base: 25.2 lbs