About the New 2016/17 Diono Rainier Convertible & Booster Car Seat
The 2016/2017 Diono Rainier Convertible Car Seat / Booster Seat hails from Diono headquarters in Seattle, so it’s natural that they named a seat that hits new heights in safety and comfort for their famous mountain! The Rainier Car Seat boasts extra-deep side walls for superior Side Impact Protection (SIP), and has the highest forward-facing capacity of any car seat with a five-point harness, protecting kids weighing up to 90 pounds. PLUS, the new Diono collection has a fashion-forward new look, with hip color-blocking and elegant new hues. Learn more about it on our blog!
The Diono Rainier Car Seat / Booster Seat is made to fit your child right from day one up to the end of her booster years, with the following weight/height requirements:
- Rear-facing car seat: Use from 5-50 pounds, suitable for use from birth with included infant body support cushions;
- Forward-facing with five-point harness: Use from 20-90 pounds;
- Belt-positioning booster: Use from 50-120 pounds, or up to 57” in height.
As with all Diono child safety seats, the Diono Rainier Convertible Car Seat / Booster is loaded with technologically advanced, crash-tested features that provide superior protection for your child, including:
- A full steel frame and aluminum-reinforced sides;
- An aluminum-reinforced headrest lined with EPS foam, with 12 height positions for optimal comfort and safety;
- EPS foam surrounding your child’s head and body, for complete Side Impact Protection;
- A Safestop energy-absorbing harness with 5 shoulder positions and 3 buckle positions, so you can create the perfect fit for your child at all ages;
- Rear-facing tether capability;
- SuperLATCH connectors with Secureweave webbing, providing the strongest and easiest connection between your car seat and your car;
- A low vehicle seat position to add additional safety performance in the event of a crash.
The Diono Rainier car seat folds for travel, so you can take it along on planes – it’s FAA certified for use on aircraft, providing the same superb protection in the air as it does on the ground.
Comfort features on the Diono Rainier Convertible Car Seat / Booster Seat include:
- Memory foam and infant body support cushions to cradle your baby’s body and position her correctly;
- An extra-long leg support to keep kids in a comfy position even on long trips;
- Additional harness pads for kids over 65 pounds;
- A low position on your vehicle seat so it’s easy for kids to board;
- An angled cup holder to keep drinks upright and easy to reach.
The cover on the Diono Rainier Convertible Car Seat / Booster Seat can be removed, and you can machine-wash and machine-dry it, so it’s easy to clean up the typical kid spills. It also has rubber bottom grips so it won’t slide around on the seat during installation, and multiple recline positions to fit your vehicle seat properly.
From Seattle to Portland (and everywhere else), the Diono Rainier Convertible Car Seat / Booster Seat provides the highest level of protection for your child.
- Convertible+Booster seat -> Birth to 12 yearsHighest rear-facing capacity of any car seat: from 5 - 50 lbs
- Highest forward-facing capacity of any car seat in a 5-point harness: from 20 - 90 lbs (up to 57" in height)
- Booster mode weight limits 50 - 120 lbs (up to 57" in height)
- Designed with Safety Synergy™ technology for the highest level of performance & safety
- Industry leading 12 year product life
- Space saving design allows extra room for passengers while providing spacious interior for child
- Full steel alloy frame and aluminum reinforced sides for unmatched strength
- Reinforced deeper sidewalls lined with energy-absorbing foam give Rainier superior head and body protection
- 12 height adjustable head support, reinforced with aluminum and lined with energy-absorbing foam for complete side impact protection
- Memory foam padding for extra comfort
- Sits low on vehicle seat for easy child boarding and improved safety performance in a crash
- Folds flat for travel and easy storage
- Only brand of car seats with SuperLATCH™: with the Strongest Connectors and Secureweave™ webbing it provides an easy and secure installation
- Luxurious two-piece infant body pillow provides support and comfort
- Meets FAA standards for air travel
- Extra-long leg support for comfy road trips and multiple harness and buckle positions for custom fit
- Rear-facing tether capability
- 1 cup holder included (add up to 4)
- Additional forward-facing recline position to accommodate different types of contoured vehicle seatsSafeStop® energy absorbing harness
- Anti-slip rubber seat grips
- Product Dimensions Open 28.5"H x 18”W x 16"D (72.4 x 45.7 x 40.6 cm)
- Product Dimensions Folded 28.5"H x 18”W x 10"D (72.4 x 45.7 x 25.4 cm)
- Weight with rear-facing base, cup holder and infant cushions 28.35 lbs (12.9 kgs)
- Composition: Seats: 80% plastic , 20% steel - Covers: 100% polyester fabric
- Care: Hand wash or machine wash only in front loading machine. Line dry or tumble dry on low temperature