About the New 2016/17 Diono Radian RXT Convertible Car Seat
The 2016/2017 Diono Radian RXT Convertible Car Seat harnesses the strength of steel to keep your child safe from birth all the way up to 120 pounds. It’s also terrifically easy to use, and narrow enough to seat three across – and 2016 Diono car seats feature a fashion-forward new look! Check out the elegant new colors at our blog.
Here’s everything you need to know about the 2016/2017 Diono Radian RXT Convertible Car Seat:
- Usage: Your new baby can ride rear-facing in her Radian RXT car seat from 5 to 45 pounds. Rear-facing is the safest way to ride, so the high rear-facing limit keeps your child safer for longer. When she graduates from rear-facing, she can ride in the five-point harness from 20-80 pounds. Finally, the Radian RXT works as a high-backed booster seat that protects kids up to 120 pounds – that is, right until your child is tall enough to sit without any booster whatsoever.
- Safety: Along with that awesome steel alloy frame, which disseminates crash forces away from your child’s body, the Diono Radian RXT car seat features reinforced sidewalls, an adjustable head support, the patented SafeStop energy absorbing harness, and EPS foam that surrounds your child’s head and body for complete Side Impact Protection (SIP).
- Installation: The SuperLATCH system and deluxe push-on style connectors make installing your Radian RXT car seat a snap.
- Comfort: The Radian RXT car seat snuggles the smallest passengers with removable infant support pillows. Once those are removed, your child will enjoy the advantages of memory foam padding, expandable sides, and a longer seat bottom for more room. Five harness positions let you tailor the fit perfectly for passengers of all sizes, and the car seat rides low on the seat so older kids can board easily on their own. Finally, the Radian RXT car seat comes with a cup holder, and slots for three more (sold separately).
- Ease of use: The Radian RXT car seat is made to travel – while a seat that’s this sturdy isn’t light, it folds flat and comes with a carry strap, so you can take it along on trips abroad. The cover and head wings come off easily for cleaning; the car seat harness is easy to remove for cleaning or for conversion to a booster; the harness straps don’t twist; and convenient storage cubbies are provided for your tether, SafeStop, and lower LATCH connectors, to keep your Radian RXT looking neat when they’re not in use.
In the end, though, it all comes back to that steel frame, which Diono cites as the number one reason why parents buy Diono Radian RXT car seats. Look for reviews of this seat, and you’ll find endorsements from countless emergency professionals, and they know what they’re talking about. One dad reviewer summarized it nicely: “As an emergency responder, these seats look like they are designed for NASCAR.”
Measurements while open: 28.5" H x 17" W x 16" D
Measurements while folded: 28.5" H x 17" W x 10" D
Rear-facing: 5-45 lbs. with at least 1.5” of car seat above the child’s head or total height of 44”
Forward-facing: 20-80 lbs. with a child less than 57” tall
Booster seat: 50-120 lbs. with a child less than 57” tall, but child’s shoulders must also be at or above the 4th set of harness slots