Every infant car seat, convertible car seat, and booster seat on the market undergoes rigorous testing to ensure that it provides adequate protection. And when you install any car seat correctly, regardless of the brand or model, your child is well-protected.
With that said, we carry the brands that we think are best; our selection includes brands that we consider the most innovative, as well as brands that we feel give you the best value for your dollar. They’re all great, but here are some highlights:
- UPPAbaby: The UPPAbaby Vista stroller is a major favorite among our customers, followed closely by the Cruz. If you’re rocking either of these snazzy stroller models, then the MESA infant car seat is an automatic yes! You can pop your MESA onto either UPPA stroller without purchasing an additional adapter – it’s just too easy. Furthermore, the SmartSecure installation system and superb SIP make this a great choice for absolutely anyone, whether your stroller comes from UPPAbaby or not.
- Chicco: The Chicco Keyfit 30 infant car seat is wildly popular because it’s light and easy to use. The next step up in the Chicco collection is the NextFit convertible car seat, which adds even more nifty features: SuperCinch LATCH for easy installation, the ReclineSure 9-position leveling system, a steel frame, and more.
- Peg Perego: The Primo Viaggio SIP 30/30 infant car seat is loaded with safety features (plenty of SIP) and has a plush, luxurious feel. The Primo Viaggio SIP Convertible Car Seat adds a nice high rear-facing weight limit, too.
- Nuna: Along with snazzy European style and an impressively light weight (7.7 pounds!), the Nuna Pipa adds rigid lower LATCH for easy installation, a stability leg that reduces forward motion up to 90%, and the stylish and convenient Dream Drape for weather protection and cozy napping.
- Cybex: The Cybex Aton 2 infant car seat includes both a load leg and Linear Side-Impact Protection, a feature that looks so simple but adds so much: it improves safety in side-impact collisions up to 40%! A terrific belt-tensioning plate and premium push-on lower LATCH connections also make a correct install unbelievably easy. You can also install it without the base, so your Aton 2 is awesome on planes and in cabs!
- Clek: This fabulous premium brand boasts unique and beautiful design, plus light but strong magnesium frames and easy-to-install rigid LATCH. The Clek Foonf convertible car seat has an anti-rebound bar and a patented energy absorption system, and it’s surprisingly narrow – a great choice for three-across installation. And the Oobr and Olli boosters combine great safety features with a look that will make older kids eager to sit in their booster.
- Diono: This brand offers a variety of convertible seats, many of which transform into boosters, offering amazing value. Plus, the steel frames, high rear-facing weight limits, and terrific ease of use make Diono seats a great buy. Oh, and the Radian folds flat for travel!
- Britax: This British brand is well-trusted and well-loved – everyone you know will recommend them. There are also a myriad of Britax choices, and we carry lots of them. Many families love their famous “cowmooflage” design. And there are loads of fresh new colors and patterns coming up!
< What is the safest car seat?