Need help? Advice?
(866) 600-BEAN (2326)
10-6 EST, m-f
You've got a car seat for road trips, a stroller for jaunts in the neighborhood or around the mall, a crib for naps and nighttime, a high chair for meals, a bouncy seat and swing as in-house entertainment. (Plus a pair of arms for every other moment.) These "moments" sure do add up. Especially if your baby has reflux and needs to remain upright, or simply loves to be held. What's a mom to do?
A BABYBJÖRN Active Carrier baby carrier will give you back your arms. It keeps baby close and content and lets you go about your business. The baby carrier straps on easily and adjusts to fit a person of any height*, making it a good piece of gear for dads too. The Active Carrier differs from the Original Baby Bjorn Baby Carrier in that it features a sliding lumbar support that conforms to your torso, which takes the pressure off your shoulders. Wide, cushioned shoulder straps evenly distribute baby's weight, and a mesh liner keeps you both cool. A younger infant, from 8 to 26 pounds, and at least 21 inches, sits in the baby carrier facing you. There's a padded adjustable headrest for support. An older baby sits facing out, with a view of the world, but still snuggled up close to you.
The BABYBJÖRN Active Carrier is a great tool in situations in which strollers don't cut it. You can wear the Active Baby Carrier on hikes and on leisurely strolls, or on mass transit. It's also great for walking the dog. If you have two kids, you'll find this baby carrier quite useful, whether you dislike the hassle of a double stroller or just need to push your eldest on a swing. The Active Baby Carrier is also a savior in the airport after you've checked your stroller. If you work from home, blog regularly, shop or chat online, you'll find you can sit comfortably at your computer with your baby in this baby carrier. She'll be delighted to be in on the action.
This baby carrier also appeals to parents of newborns who fret about over-friendly strangers. When you wear your baby in the BABYBJÖRN Active Baby Carrier, people – and their germs – tend to keep their distance. You can nurse discreetly with your baby in this baby carrier too. And when your baby falls asleep, soothed by your body warmth and the sound of your heartbeat, you can unsnap the flap and gently lower her onto a flat surface. In the cold weather, you may be able to zip your winter coat around both of you. If not, there are a number of options available that attach onto the Active Baby Carrier, making it extra warm and snuggly, protecting your child from the elements.
comfortable, baby loves it
sometimes hurts back
I love this carrier. I have the ergo, but my baby was too big for the infant inset or seat and too small to spread his legs wide enough to be comfortable without it. He also would cry if left in the car seat attachment to the stroller. I came to the store and tried this on with him and he fell asleep in it instantly. Perfect - because I use it to run errands with him, usually during his nap time. I've used it consistently now instead of the stroller and he likes it 98% of the time, the other 2% he seems a bit bothered, but I think that has more to do with being hot by being so close to my body.
I found it usefulo around the house when I was trying to get things done but my son wanted to be carried. It allowed me to have two hands. It does take some getting use to.
Difficult To Set Up, Uncomfortable
This carrier has a very limited useful life. It is only good facing in for the first few months, despite what it says in the instructions and watching Brangelina incorrectly tote their tots around.
I tried this out for a few days with my two month old son and it was such a pain to get in and out of and not very comfortable on the back.
Also, forward facing carries are never recommended as it is bad for baby's posture and developing pelvis.
Strong Construction, Lightweight, Comfortable, Stylish
Love my baby bjorne carrier. Great when baby is small and colicky and needs to be carried around alot. Gives you free hand around the house and while out shopping.
Con, can be a little difficult to set up and get comfortable with
Lightweight, Easy Use
Uncomfortable, No back carry option, Forward facing not ideal
WE had a bjorn when our daughter was small and really liked it. We even had her forward facing a lot. However after doing a lot of research for options when she outgrew it we discovered much better although less commercial options. Save your money and get a carrier that will work for a larger baby, is much more comfortable and allows fo back carries as well. Both the Ergo and Beco are much better options for your dollar and will work for a lot longer.
Click to watch a short video about the beloved Baby Bjorn carriers. The Baby Bjorn carriers are perfect for newborns and toddlers and are some of the most beloved on the market.