About the Britax Advocate G4 Convertible Car Seat
The world is unpredictable, it’s true, but kids are actually safer than ever, and part of that is due to car seats: as the use of car seats has become universal and their safety features and ease of installation ramp up and up and up, kids are more well-protected than at any other point in history.
Britax has been a big part of this, challenging the rest of the industry to step up, and the Britax Advocate G4 Convertible Car Seat may be the pinnacle of their efforts so far: this car seat features Britax’s highest level of Side Impact Protection, including both True Side Impact Protection head restraints and SIP cushions on the exterior of the seat. The 2014 Britax Advocate G4 convertible car seat has a few minor changes that have been made across the board for the entire Britax G4 series:
- A new infant insert is included with all 2014 Britax G4 convertible car seats, so there’s no additional purchase required to ensure that your babe fits perfectly into her convertible car seat from birth onwards.
- Anticipating new 2014 FMVSS testing standards, Britax stepped down the weight limits on all G4 car seats.
- The Harness Ultra Guard System (HUGS) pads have some minor changes, including ripples in the material that hold the chest piece more firmly in place.
- Fantastic new color coding makes installation even more intuitive than ever: lockoffs and labels are coded green for forward-facing, blue for rear-facing, to help make the process easy and quick.
Aside from these changes, the 2014 Britax Advocate G4 Convertible Car Seat is the same terrifically well thought-out and designed seat, packed with tons of features that keep your child safe and enhance your peace of mind:
- True Side Impact Protection: The head restraint on the 2014 Britax Advocate G4 Convertible Car Seat has an extra layer of energy-absorbing EPP foam, and keeps your child’s head, neck, and spine in true or aligned. The head support also keeps your child’s head from flopping sideways during a nap!
- Side Impact Cushion Technology: Energy-absorbing cushions on the exterior of the car seat can reduce side impact crash energy by up to 45%, and they divert crash forces away from your child and protect adjacent passengers.
- SafeCell technology: The base of the 2014 Britax Advocate G4 Convertible Car Seat contains SafeCells, which compress in a crash, lowering the center of gravity and counteracting the forward rotation of your car seat.
- Integrated steel bars: These bars strengthen the connection of the car seat to the car, and prevent forward flexing of the seat during an impact, reducing risk of head injury.
- Easy install: Premium lower LATCH connectors provide a quick, simple, and tight install, and feature a push-button release; easy-to-access built-in lockoffs also provide a secure belt installation.
- HUGS pads: These harness guards manage crash energy and forward head movement, and keep the chest clip properly positioned in the event of a collision.
- Other harness features: The Click and Safe snug harness indicator audibly indicates that the harness is within a range of appropriate snugness. The EZ-Buckle system keeps the buckle out of the way while your child is boarding. And the five-point harness is tangle-free, with multiple height positions and two buckle positions, and can be adjusted without dismantling the harness or removing the seat from the car.
Oh, and the Britax Advocate G4 Convertible Car Seat is comfy, too: high-density foam padding, multiple recline options in both directions, and plushy fabric ensure happy nappers. We can’t think of a single thing we’d add.
The 2014 Britax Advocate G4 Convertible Car Seat fits children weighing 5-40 pounds rear-facing and 20-65 pounds forward-facing.