About the Clek Fllo Convertible Car Seat 2016
If you’re looking for a convertible car seat that provides the best protection for your child, just go with the Fllo! The 2016 Clek Fllo Convertible Car Seat is a slight variant on the popular Foonf car seat, designed to provide the same safety and comfort features for families who don’t plan on utilizing the Foonf’s rigid LATCH system (read more about the difference between these two seats at our blog here).
New for 2016, the Fllo has a few small changes:
- The rear-facing lock off has been redesigned to make it easier to close under load, and has a new locking feature so it won’t pop open when the cushion is removed.
- The forward-facing lock off now has a thicker rubber bumper.
- The shoulder harness pads are taller and have an added snap button open/close feature.
- The car seat cover is redesigned, with improved stitching and thicker foam.
Clek has also introduced the new Capri color theme – fashion-forward and so pretty!
Aside from these minor changes, the 2016 Clek Fllo Convertible Car Seat has all of the same features, including:
- Extended rear-facing, up to 50 pounds – this keeps your children safer for longer!
- All-round protection with a steel anti-rebound bar to improve stability and limit rotation, advanced side-impact protection (energy-absorbing foam layers on the inside and outside of the seat frame, plus an adjustable headrest with deep side wings, lined in EPP foam, and connected to the frame with steel rods, providing superior protection for your child’s head), and a steel substructure to prevent twisting;
- The Energy-Absorbing Crumple Technology system (EACT), which mimics the crumple zone in your car, reducing forces transmitted to a forward-facing child in a collision;
- Crypton Super Fabrics*, designed to repel liquids for incredibly easy cleaning – they resist stains and smelly bacteria, and are GREENGUARD Select Certified free of toxic chemicals!
The 2016 Clek Fllo Convertible Car Seat can be used from birth (5-22 pounds) with the addition of the Clek Infant-Thingy Insert. Without the insert, it can be used rear-facing for kids from 14-50 pounds and 23-43 inches in height, and forward-facing for kids weighing 20-65 pounds, or 30-49 inches in height.
* Clek car seats feature two different kinds of Crypton Super Fabrics; the fabric type depends on the color.
- Crypton Super Premium Fabric: Slate, Thunder, Cloud, Paul Frank, Tokidoki
- Microsuede Crypton Super Fabric: Flamingo, Tank, Shadow, Dragonfly, Ink