About the Clek Foonf Convertible Car Seat 2016
Make way for the 2016 Clek Foonf! The updated version of the convertible car seat with the funny name has been tweaked just a teeny tiny bit to make the (already easy) installation easier, plus a few other minor improvements. Because this terrific car seat was already pretty much perfect!
The Clek Foonf Convertible Car Seat is celebrated for best-in-class safety features, extraordinary ease of use, comfort for kids, and unusual, kid-friendly style. The 2016 updates are:
- A redesigned rear-facing lock off, for your convenience: it makes it easier for you to close the lock off, and adds another locking feature so they won’t pop open when the cushion is removed. A thicker rubber bumper has also been added to the lock off.
- The new shoulder harness pads are taller and have added a snap.
- The new fabric car seat cover adds even more cushy foam, and has improved stitching.
Aside from these changes (see? We said they were small), this is the same dependable, elegant, ultra-safe car seat that parents love, with features including:
- All-around safety: For side-impact protection, the Foonf Convertible Car Seat utilizes foam layers on the inside and outside of the frame, plus an energy-absorbing headrest connected to the seat frame with steel rods. For front and rear protection, the Foonf employs the REACT safety system, which uses a “crumple zone” inside the seat to slow down the change in momentum, reducing the force transferred to the child, as well as an anti-rebound bar to improve stability and limit rotation. Plus, the Foonf features a rigid steel and magnesium sub-structure, and is NCAP crash-tested. Basically: it does an incredibly good job protecting your child from crash forces.
- Extended rear facing: The 50-pound rear-facing weight limit makes the Foonf a great choice for safety: rear-facing is five times safer than forward-facing!
- Easy installation: Rigid LATCH connectors make it easy to install your Foonf forward-facing, and the narrow profile of the seat helps it to fit into a variety of vehicle seats. You can even install three Foonfs across!
- Comfort and cleaning: A smooth recline makes rides comfy for napping kids, and Crypton Super Fabrics* make it super-easy for you to keep your Clek Foonf Convertible Car Seat fresh and clean – it resists stains and moisture, and dirt wipes right off!
We also love the new-for-2016 Capri color, a serene blue that evokes an island vacation. Super trendy and so pretty!
The 2016 Clek Foonf Convertible Car Seat can be used from birth with the Clek Infant-Thingy Insert, sold separately; otherwise, it should be used from the time your child can sit up, with a rear-facing weight range of 14-50 pounds, and a forward-facing weight range of 20-65 pounds.
* Clek car seats feature two different kinds of Crypton Super Fabrics; the fabric type depends on the color.
- Crypton Super Premium Fabric: Slate, Thunder, Cloud, Paul Frank, Tokidoki
- Microsuede Crypton Super Fabric: Flamingo, Tank, Shadow, Dragonfly, Ink