Need help? Advice?
(866) 600-BEAN (2326)
10-6 EST, m-f
Innovative Lie-flat positioning
Telescoping Linear Side Impact Protection (LSP)
Ever try to fall asleep on an airplane, or in a car or a bus? While an adult’s body is made to sit and stand upright for long periods of time, sleeping while sitting up is just tough and uncomfortable, and that goes double for babies, whose newly-minted muscles just aren’t made to sit up, even at a recline. Your infant car seat is an indispensable piece of safety equipment, but most of the time, your newborn is better off lying on her back.
The average infant car seat will always prop babies up a little, but Cybex doesn’t do average: in the Cybex Cloud Q Infant Car Seat 2016/2017, when you take your baby out of the car, you can recline the seat to turn it into a lie-flat carrycot! The new position is more comfortable and ergonomically correct, for proper breathing and spinal development, so your child can chill and snooze anywhere she goes.
Here’s a rundown of the features on this terrific new infant car seat:
With all of this high-tech innovation, it almost seems like expecting too much to expect this seat to also be as glamorous and stylish as it is! Check out the top menu for all the lovely color combos available.
The Cybex Cloud Q Infant Car Seat 2016/2017 is designed for use with babies weighing 4 to 35 pounds, and up to 30 inches in height, and the seat itself weighs 13.9 pounds. The car seat base is included.
Q: Which strollers are compatible with the Cybex Cloud Q Infant Car Seat 2016/2017?
The Cloud Q is compatible with the Cybex Priam Stroller with no need for additional adapters. Adapters are available (sold separately) to click your Cloud Q onto the following popular stroller models:
Style, Large Sunshade, Cozy, Safety Features, Fit and Adjustments
Stellar carseat and, IMO, worth the cost. The lie flat option is excellent for bringing your kid in from a car ride who's sleeping and you just want to let them nap or when using as a stroller lets them rest more comfortably. The style is eyecatching and rarely do we not get compliments on "that awesome exoskeleton carseat" (exoskeleton because the sunshade has loose fabric and bars). Having a bright orange carseat makes you stand out a lot too. The fabric is very cozy and I love how many impact points the seat creates between the load leg, the handle in "drive mode" against the seatback, and the LSP bar. Super easy to adjust the straps and head rest height, even while our son is in the seat. Only gripe is it's a bit heavy to carry.
Versatile, recline makes it unique, multiple ways to secure (via base or via seat belt)
Delayed US deployment, not quite lightweight, base incompatibility
This is a remarkable product in its class. Well-designed, modern-looking, functions seamlessly as both a car seat and a stroller carry cot. ISOFIX base makes installation and transfer a breeze. Fits all Cybex strollers and most others with Maxi Cosi adapters.
1. Base incompatibility - compatible with European base for Aton Q and Cloud Q, NOT compatible with US base for Aton Q and Aton 2.
2. Base (ISOFIX) cannot be secured in the middle seat (US base likely can be, but installation still remains cumbersome if the load leg cannot be deployed). Securing the seat in the middle with a belt, however, is a breeze.
3. The attachment mechanism for stroller adapters is not straight vertical, but slightly slanted towards the back. Adapters work great for Cybex strollers, but with some other brands seat may be unacceptably tilted downwards in the front.
We’re so excited to introduce the Cybex Cloud Q Infant Car Seat! This unique new car seat is the only infant car seat that reclines to transform into a stroller bassinet, putting babies in a safer and more comfortable position when they’re not in the car.
In this video, you’ll see the following features on the Cybex Cloud Q, including:
- The recline: While a reclining position isn’t feasible when your baby is riding in the car, when you take the Cybex Cloud Q Infant Car Seat off of the base, just pulling down a handle in the back of the seat adjusts the position so your infant can lie flat. This is a better position for longer strolls and happy naps on the go!
- Safety features: The Lateral Side Impact Protection system utilizes extending arms that can rest against the car door, and will transfer crash forces away from your child in the event of a collision. The load leg, a common feature in Europe, also adds security and stability in the event of an accident.
- Installation features: The belt tensioning plate makes it easy to get a nice, tight installation for your car seat base. Plus, the Cybex Cloud Q Infant Car Seat features a European seat belt path, which provides the safest possible installation without the base – making it so much better for travel in taxis, Ubers, and Zipcars.
The Cybex Cloud Q Infant Car Seat also has a harness that adjusts automatically when you move the headrest, making it easy to provide a perfect fit for your growing child.
Want to try out the Cybex Cloud Q Infant Car Seat? Get some hands-on experience and expert advice at any Magic Beans store (http://mbeans.com/Stores)! Or, if you’re not nearby, we can answer all of your questions at email@example.com, or even do a video consultation – you can sign up for a FREE consultation at http://mbeans.com/needhelp.
Order your Cybex Cloud Q Infant Car Seat here: http://mbeans.com/cybex-cloud-q-infan...
See more of our favorite infant car seats of 2016 here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHVrW...
Read about Cybex safety features (you’ll find the same safety systems in the Cybex Cloud Q and Aton Q) at our blog here: http://mbeans.com/spillingthebeans/ba...