About the Cybex Cloud Q PLUS Infant Car Seat
Ever try to fall asleep on an airplane, or in a car or a bus? While an adult’s body is made to sit and stand upright for long periods of time, sleeping while sitting up is just tough and uncomfortable, and that goes double for babies, whose newly-minted muscles just aren’t made to sit up, even at a recline. Your infant car seat is an indispensable piece of safety equipment, but most of the time, your newborn is better off lying on her back.
The average infant car seat will always prop babies up a little, but Cybex doesn’t do average: in the Cybex Cloud Q Infant Car Seat, when you take your baby out of the car, you can recline the seat to turn it into a lie-flat carrycot! The new position is more comfortable and ergonomically correct, for proper breathing and spinal development, so your child can chill and snooze anywhere she goes.
This version, the CLOUD Q PLUS, comes with premium fabric with a twill/denim look. So stylish!
Here’s a rundown of the features on this terrific new infant car seat:
- Lie-flat positioning: When you take your child out of the car and are carrying her car seat, or when you click it on your travel system, just pull down the backrest and footrest to create the lie-flat position.
- Automatic height adjustment: Even in the car, the Cybex Cloud Q is designed to ferry your child along in the flattest position possible, to keep her head from tilting forward. You don’t have to do anything extra to adjust the height: it adjusts as you move the headrest! This feature was developed with the help of German medical specialists and midwives.
- Telescoping Linear Side Impact Protection (LSP): As with the previous Aton Q model, the Cybex Cloud Q features pop-out arms that add even more protection by transferring the first forces of an impact to the car seat’s shell, so the flexible material and structure absorb the impact and channel it away from your child.
- Height-adjustable headrest and harness: The 11-position headrest is integrated with the harness, so when you adjust the headrest upwards, the harness automatically lengthens – no rethreading! This ensures a comfortable and safe fit and prevents misuse. The harness also features extra-wide Y-harness straps with a soft belt and crotch pad.
- Sun canopy: The gigantic sun canopy on the Cybex Cloud Q infant car seat is both lovely and supremely practical! It provides UVP50+ sun protection that meets the stringent Australian standard, and when you don’t need it, it tucks neatly away into the color-coordinated visor.
- Base: The Cloud Q uses a similar base to the Aton Q, with all the same terrific safety and ease-of-use features. The base can be easily installed with LATCH, with deluxe push-on lower connectors, or with a seat belt and belt tensioning plate (you can also install the Cloud Q without the base, so it’s simple for cabs, airplanes, and other travel situations). Along with all of the other amazing safety features of this seat, the base adds a load leg, which adds stability and limits rotation in the event of a collision.
With all of this high-tech innovation, it almost seems like expecting too much to expect this seat to also be as glamorous and stylish as it is! Check out the top menu for all the lovely color combos available.
The Cybex Cloud Q Infant Car Seat is designed for use with babies weighing 4 to 35 pounds, and up to 30 inches in height, and the seat itself weighs 13.9 pounds. The car seat base is included.
Q: Which strollers are compatible with the Cybex Cloud Q Infant Car Seat?
The Cloud Q is compatible with the Cybex Priam Stroller with no need for additional adapters. Adapters are available (sold separately) to click your Cloud Q onto the following popular stroller models:
- Baby Jogger City Mini & City Mini GT
- Nuna Mixx
- all Bugaboo stroller models
- UPPAbaby Vista & UPPAbaby Cruz
- Babyzen YoYo+
- Stokke Xplory & Trailz