About the Orbit Baby G3 Infant Car Seat and Base
Having a new baby means sleep deprivation, and sleep deprivation means absent-mindedness. Most of the mishaps that will occur will be harmless and pretty funny after the fact (like putting your phone in the washer, or dressing up for a formal occasion on the wrong night, or tossing your socks into the toilet instead of the hamper). But, anticipating future sleepless nights, it’s a good idea to invest in gear that makes it easy to get all the details of baby care right.
That’s just one reason why we love Orbit Baby’s infant car seats – installing the car seat base is incredibly quick and easy, and red/green indicators make it easy to tell when you’ve got it right! And there are so many other things to love about the 2014 Orbit G3 Infant Car Seat and Base:
- Part of an a la carte collection: The 2014 Orbit G3 series lets you pick every component of your stroller and car seat system separately, so you can get exactly the pieces you need in the colors you want, nothing more, nothing less. The Orbit G3 Infant Car Seat is compatible with any piece with a SmartHub: the Stroller Base, the Car Seat Base, the Rocker Base, and the Double Helix base (which transforms your Orbit stroller into a double stroller).
- An instant travel system: Along with the included base, the 2014 Orbit Baby G3 Infant Car Seat is made to ride on the Orbit Baby Stroller Base, docking into the same rotating SmartHub for a seamless transition from car to stroller (no need to unbuckle baby or, heavens forefend, wake her up). On the Orbit Stroller Base, the Infant Car Seat rotates 360 degrees so your baby can face you, face the world, or simply be tilted away from bright sunlight.
- Easy installation: Did we mention that installing the 2014 Orbit G3 Infant Car Seat Base is easy? Because it is – there’s no tugging, no struggling, and no guesswork to get it right. Just follow the directions to thread the belt through the lockoffs, and use the StrongArm knob to tighten it until your car seat base is firmly installed; the aforementioned red/green indicator will tell you if it’s not level. (You can also install the infant car seat without the base, which is especially useful if you’re taking your baby on a plane.)
- Simple to use: Putting your baby into the Orbit G3 Infant Car Seat is easy, and kind to your back, too – the SmartHub lets you rotate the seat so it faces you, buckle baby safely in, and then rotate the seat to the correct rear-facing position (another red/green indicator will tell you when it’s positioned correctly). The BeltKeeper feature keeps the harness out of the way while you’re putting your baby into the seat, too, so you won’t have to dig the buckles out from under a wiggly kid.
- Safe fabrics: All Orbit G3 items feature updated breathable fabrics in bold new colors – the fabric has been updated to be cooler and more breathable, and as always, it’s Orbitgreen certified healthy and clean – no toxins or BFRs (Brominated Flame Retardants) for your child to touch or inhale!
The Orbit G3 Infant Car Seat and Base set comes with a five-point harness, an infant head-support insert, and a UV sunshade with a Paparazzi Shield extension. Use with babies from 4-30 pounds, or 19-32 inches in height.