It’s pretty wild living in 2016, isn’t it? Along with hoverboards and tiny computers that fit in our pockets, we now live in an era where you can buy a robotic baby bouncer or a self-folding stroller, and video baby monitors? Pssh, everyone has one.
You’ll note that quite a few of those high-tech baby products have come from the 4Moms company. Not all of their products utilize robotics, but given that they were founded by a world-leading roboticist, it’s no surprise that their most extraordinary products tend to come with electronic bells and whistles galore, usually utilized to solve everyday parenting and baby care problems. The long-awaited 4Moms Self-Installing Car Seat is designed to solve an issue that our customers wrestle with every day (and which we write about a lot): it’s not always easy to install your car seat, and far too many parents get it wrong.
This futuristic infant car seat, for use from 4-30 pounds, removes that risk by doing virtually all of the work for you. It’s designed to automatically level and tension, verifies the installation before every ride, and continuously monitors its status while you drive (using 20 unique sensors), so you don’t have to worry! It also features a carrier-in-vehicle alert, to reduce the risk of leaving your baby in the car, and can even recommend seat positioning based on your car’s make and model, and alert you when your child is outgrowing the seat. WOW!
- The 4Moms Self-Installing Car Seat exceeds federal crash test standards, and passed the NHTSA’s proposed standard for side impact protection.
- The 5-point harness includes harness pockets and a self-retracting buckle.
- The canopy provides excellent coverage and UPF 30 protection, plus a pop-out shade.
- A newborn insert and neck pads are included to snuggle your tiny baby securely on her earliest car rides.
- Infant car seat adapters will be available for the Bugaboo Cameleon 3, for UPPAbaby and Baby Jogger strollers, and for the upcoming 4Moms Origami Go and 4Moms Moxie strollers. A spare base will also be sold separately so you can enjoy all of the convenience of this terrific infant car seat in both of your family cars.
- You can install the 4Moms Self-Installing Car Seat with or without the base, and it’s certified for aircraft use.