For the fitness-obsessed, a jogging stroller is an absolute must: as our head buyer pointed out in her review of the BOB Flex Jogging Stroller, a jogger lets you work on your fitness goals while spending quality time with the newest member of your family. BOB joggers have always been clutch players in the jogging stroller field, but this year, Bugaboo has introduced their first jogger, providing some stiff competition.
Which one of these jogging strollers is best for you? As usual, it comes down to your needs and lifestyle. Of course, the best way to choose your stroller is to give ‘em all a test drive at one of our stores, but in this blog, we’ll break down the pros and cons of each stroller to help you narrow down your choices.
- Hand brake for slowing down
- Works with your Bugaboo stroller seat
- Can be parent facing
- Sleek design
- Small compact fold
- Fixed front wheel (great for jogging!)
- Adapters work for Bugaboo Stand Accessory as well
- Two part fold
- Fixed front wheel (not great for everyday strolling!)
- Very long footprint
- Low weight max
- Not available as a double
The Bugaboo Runner is available as an accessory to snap onto any Bugaboo stroller seat – just pop it on with the handy Runner/Stand adapter and you’re ready to roll. The result is the world’s first parent facing jogging stroller, and it is amazing! Because the Runner is designed for dedicated runners, there is a fixed front wheel, which makes a one handed push oh so easy. The basket is nice and open for easy access, but also has straps on it to keep your stuff from bouncing out. The hand brake is also really nice, so that you can ease into stopping.
The look and feel of the Bugaboo Runner is just amazing, and if you know anything about the design of Bugaboo, you know that this puppy will really last you. The only negative is that just like most other Bugaboo strollers, the weight capacity for the Runner comes in just over 37.5 pounds, so if you plan on jogging well beyond toddlerhood, then this may not be for you. The Runner is available for preorder now, and we are hoping to have samples in the stores for June as well. Come in and check it out!
- Adjustable handlebar perfect for different heights
- Adjustable suspension for different terrains
- LOTS of storage pouches for mom and kid
- Swiveling front wheel for city mode, or switch to fixed wheel for jogging mode
- High weight capacity (75 pounds)
- BIG canopy with reflectors
- Car seat adapter options available
- Very rugged – built to be abused!
- Available in single or double modes
- Not great for newborns/infants (recline isn’t suitable for babies under 6 months)
- Cannot be parent facing
- Large footprint – not great for city living
The BOB Flex is BOB’s newest addition to their line and is their answer to the demand for a hybrid version of their classic BOB Revolution stroller. Still a true jogging stroller, the Flex can switch to having a fixed wheel or can turn and pivot with one hand in city mode. The first BOB to have an adjustable handlebar, this is the perfect stroller for parents who are of different heights. With car seat adapter options, and a weight capacity up to 75 pounds, this could be the one stroller that does it all. If your family is more sporty, plans on camping, and also plans on jogging, then this may be the stroller for you. Come into any of our 6 locations and take a test drive!