It’s summer in the city, and it’s time to introduce your new arrival to the sights and sounds of the bustling world around her. If your stroller is your primary vehicle with baby on board, some crucial features will help to keep your child comfortable and make your long walks more enjoyable, and the 2016 UPPAbaby Vista Stroller and the 2016 Bugaboo Cameleon 3 Stroller have them all:
- A stroller bassinet. They aren’t strictly necessary, because a stroller seat that lies flat or an infant car seat (attached with an infant car seat adapter) are also safe for newborns, but there are so many advantages! In that beautiful bassinet, your baby can lie flat and stretch out, just as she would in her bassinet at home; this is more comfortable and better for her development than the more upright position in an infant car seat. Plus, bassinets are undeniably pretty. And both of these strollers have sleep-safe bassinets that can be popped onto a stand when you get home, making them baby’s first bed no matter where you go.
- Flexible seating options. In addition to the bassinet, a reversible seat with multiple recline positions will allow you to customize your ride so can keep an eye on a reclining, napping child, have a chat with your curious toddler, or face her out into the world so she can see all of the people, flowers, cute doggies, and other sights of the city.
- Maneuvering and suspension. Front swivel wheels that give you turn-on-a-dime maneuvering power are important; so are larger wheels and suspension to cushion the bumps. Cracked pavement, curbs, playground mulch and grass? Prepare for them.
- Sun protection. A generously-sized, adjustable canopy with SPF protection and an extendable sunshade will keep sensitive baby skin safe from the sun, and provide important shade during strolling naps.
- Ample storage. If you’ve already got some wheels in front of you, why lug your diaper bag or your shopping bags? They should fit in the basket under the stroller.
The 2016 UPPAbaby Vista Stroller and the 2016 Bugaboo Cameleon Stroller also beautiful, adaptable, and built to last – we see ten-year-old Bugaboo strollers in and around our store all the time. There’s an investment up front, sure, but if you’re going to use your stroller every single day for 3 years or more (longer if you have more children), it’s so much better if you enjoy using it. Buy one stroller you love today, and you can actually save money – after all, you don’t want to buy a stroller that’s a pain to use and wind up buying 11 more. (We’ve been there.)
In today’s video, Eli Gurock, co-owner of Magic Beans, does a thorough demo of all of the features we love on both of these strollers: you’ll notice that the differences are subtle, but ultimately, it comes down to the details!
The 2016 Bugaboo Cameleon and the 2016 UPPAbaby Vista are both undeniably great, but which of these lovely deluxe baby strollers is the right fit for your family? If you’re still not sure after watching this video, we’re here to help! Get expert guidance from our Stroller Matchmakers at any Magic Beans store, book a free consultation, or just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our mission is to make your life easier by matching you with the gear that will fit seamlessly into your parenting lifestyle!